• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's it going to end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's it going to end?

Are we just going to continue to bail out every failing industry until everything's owned by UK PLC? Shall I start sharpening my scythe for when I get conscripted to a collective farm?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Are we just going to continue to bail out every failing industry until everything's owned by UK PLC? Shall I start sharpening my scythe for when I get conscripted to a collective farm?
    Wny not write to GB and say your limited is about to go bust? £1m should see you through 2009....

BOOMED!

Comment

Shall I start sharpening my scythe for when I get conscripted to a collective farm?
      I can think of better uses for it.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Wny not write to GB and say your limited is about to go bust? £1m should see you through 2009....

BOOMED!
        Alternatively he may see my minimum wage salary, then demand a kidney from me
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Just don't give it to my ex.........

Comment

Are we just going to continue to bail out every failing industry until everything's owned by UK PLC?
            I should think so. Brown can hardly believe his luck, he's been dreaming of doing this all his life. For him, and Darling and a lot of people arouind them, nationalising is not an unfortunate necessity, but a happy opportunity.

That is why I fear for private pensions: I should think that Brown is, with the best of intentions, convinced that he is the best one to run them (and make good use of the money in the meantime).

Comment

Plans are already afoot to nationalise body parts. You kidneys are belong to us.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

BOOMED!
                £25bn

Aiming small isn't going to help. I;ll flog them some preference shares in my company (and a kidney) for that sum, though.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  £25bn

Aiming small isn't going to help. I;ll flog them some preference shares in my company (and a kidney) for that sum, though.
                  Would you sell it for 10p?

This is where you reply "certainly not : do you think I am some sort of soulless non-entity" to which I reply "that we have already established - now we are just haggling over price"

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    That is why I fear for private pensions: I should think that Brown is, with the best of intentions, convinced that he is the best one to run them (and make good use of the money in the meantime).
                    I disagree - that kind of action would raise red flags all over and those government bonds they're trying to flog would have even less buyers than they do now.
                    I think Carbon taxes is the plan as it is a new revenue stream.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X