• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency landing for jet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency landing for jet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e=reuters&ct=5

A JetBlue airliner with 146 passengers on board and crippled landing gear made a successful emergency landing today at Los Angeles Airport after circling the California coast for three hours to burn off fuel.

JetBlue, which began flying out of the Burbank airport in May, equips its planes with DirecTV screens built into the backs of seats in front of each passenger, leaving open the possibility that travellers were able to follow their own predicament via updates airing on news channels.

Parrish said it was not clear if the screens were on during the flight.

Hmmmm, not sure that would be particularly pleasant to view. However, I often wondered what advantage an external camera would be for an aircraft. You get concave mirrors on the side of engines on a twin so you can see visually if the nosegear (and main gear) is down and locked, even if the three gear lights show green.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

A jolly well done to the Pilot.
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Hear, hear. A first class example of the old maxim "any landing you walk away from is a good one".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Hear, hear. A first class example of the old maxim "any landing you walk away from is a good one".
        Or, any crash you walk away from is a landing...
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
        X