• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Paribas 30% rate cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNP Paribas 30% rate cuts

I hear that BNP Paribas are asking for 30% rate cuts

oh dear that means they'll be earning about EUR 350 a day.

On that rate I would seriously consider washing cars.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      oh dear that means they'll be earning about EUR 350 a day.

On that rate I would seriously consider washing cars.
      They earn in EUR? So their £ buying power will not be too bad then.

Comment

That’s enough for me to seriously doubt their credit worthiness. Remember folks, we work first and bill later, which means, effectively, that we give our clients credit. If ClientCO asks for such a drastic rate cut, get out and start on Plan B because it’s a good sign they can’t afford to pay.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          That’s enough for me to seriously doubt their credit worthiness. Remember folks, we work first and bill later, which means, effectively, that we give our clients credit. If ClientCO asks for such a drastic rate cut, get out and start on Plan B because it’s a good sign they can’t afford to pay.
          I think the taxpayer will bail them out. Luckily in this case it is the French taxpayer!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I think the taxpayer will bail them out. Luckily in this case it is the French taxpayer!
            Yep - and their equity now yields over 10% .
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              Yep - and their equity now yields over 10% .
              I presume that is historic yield?

Anyone want to guess at their future yield? I have a number in mind : a very round number.....

Comment

One of my fellow test coordinator’s turned down the rate cut at ClientCo. ClientCo now seeking new testco; 3 candidates, all asking higher rate than original testco.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  One of my fellow test coordinator’s turned down the rate cut at ClientCo. ClientCo now seeking new testco; 3 candidates, all asking higher rate than original testco.
                  BOOMED

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I presume that is historic yield?

Anyone want to guess at their future yield? I have a number in mind : a very round number.....
                    Yes indeed, but I got a few grand says they'll do OK......down 10% so far....igmc.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X