• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why some flights are cheap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why some flights are cheap

Flybe pilot was not qualified to land plane

Passengers on the 8.45am Flybe flight to Paris were just minutes away from landing at their destination when they were told they would have to go all the way back to Cardiff.

One passenger from Bristol missed a job interview in France because of the incident.

Cassandra Grant explained: "Twenty minutes outside Paris, the captain said, 'Unfortunately I'm not qualified to land the plane in Paris.

"'They are asking for a level two qualification and I only have a level five. We'll have to fly back.'"

you get what you pay for innit?

shame he couldnt have ditched it taking a load of chavvy larger enthusiasts to magalauf or wherever they go.....that would be a bit less drain on the economy
    "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
      you get what you pay for innit?

shame he couldnt have ditched it taking a load of chavvy larger enthusiasts to magalauf or wherever they go.....that would be a bit less drain on the economy
      Unfortunately I’ve seen chavs in some of Europe’s upmarket resorts lately. Golf chavs in Cascais, football chavs in Portofino, ski chavs in Gstaad. Where do they get so much money?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Where do they get so much money?
        Or maybe when did you get so poor?
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          Or maybe when did you get so poor?
          Maybe he's only spending money he already has.

Comment

Pilots should be taught to land a plane before being taught to take off. After all, once you've taken off you're committed to do a landing sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Pilots should be taught to land a plane before being taught to take off. After all, once you've taken off you're committed to do a landing sooner or later.
              That's how I learned to fly a glider. Taking off's the easy bit; just pull back on the lever and tense you neck muscles. Landing is an altogether more skilful and scary business.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

flybe have always been expensive and chav free (apart from me of course) when I've used them.

Comment

The problem was that the pilot wasn't qualified to land in foggy weather. Which is a bit like passing your driving test but not knowing how to get out of a packed Ikea car park on a Xmas Eve.

Comment

Landing is dead easy. It's being able to walk away from a landing that is the tricky bit...
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X