• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Archbishop might be right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archbishop might be right

I'm not a religious man, but the big bearded priest does seem to have a point, especially when he calls Gordon's fiscal stimulus package "the addict returning to the drug".

More financial common sense from the Church of England than all the world's bankers, finance ministers and blue chip directors combined.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

One should listen to men of faith. Many religious works contain gems of wisdom gleaned from previous generations.

Like in Psalms 69: Verily I say unto you, that though shall not elect a Snot Goblin to high office or woe be to your children, and your childrens children unto the third generation, for he shall lay waste the land and sow it with salt.

Comment

Lets not all start bashing the Bishop here.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
        One should listen to men of faith. Many religious works contain gems of wisdom gleaned from previous generations.

Like in Psalms 69: Verily I say unto you, that though shall not elect a Snot Goblin to high office or woe be to your children, and your childrens children unto the third generation, for he shall lay waste the land and sow it with salt.
        WHS, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Lets not all start bashing the Bishop here.
          Dont preach at us

Comment

Seriously guys, I think the big bearded bish has got it absolutely spot on.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Living beyond our means worked for 10 years so I see no reason why fiscal imprudence can't work indefinitely. Just how long do you guys need to prove the concept?

Comment

I have to be careful not to preach
                I cant pretend that I can teach

And yet Ive lived your future out

By pounding stages like a clown.
                And on the church floor broken glass,

The bloody Altar slowly pass,

The broken pews in empty rows,
                It all belongs to me - you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Seriously guys, I think the big bearded bish has got it absolutely spot on.
                  Talking of big beared bishops, someone sent me this, very funny IMO

P.S. Best not to watch if you're a devout Catholic
                  else safe for work (well as much as youtube ever is)

Comment

The CofE weren’t complaining when everything was going up. Especially with their property portfolio in London.

Saying that, I do agree with him on the reality check bit.
                    Originally posted by cailin maith
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                    X