• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Roles/Rates to go for

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Roles/Rates to go for

Hi all,
    I've been succesfully running as a ltd company for the past three years offering GoldMine CRM and HEAT (helpdesk) training, consultancy, support etc This has included basic SQL server administration, SQL views, Crystal Reports (from 8 to 11) Communicating with users and managers. managing small to medium rollout projects

I usually charge between £300 - £400 per day for this work and end up working about 12-16 days in the month (which has been fine for me)
    Most of the work has been sub-contracting for resellers of the software. AS you can see it's a bit niche and has gone pretty quiet recently.

I'm thinking of going contracting in the new year. I 'm thinking initially to look at Data Analyst roles. Looking at my skill set is there anything else that stands out that might be worth looking at?
    Also am i being unrealistic if i look for roles that pay around £250 - £275 per day?

Cheers ducks!

Originally posted by icw View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been succesfully running as a ltd company for the past three years offering GoldMine CRM and HEAT (helpdesk) training, consultancy, support etc This has included basic SQL server administration, SQL views, Crystal Reports (from 8 to 11) Communicating with users and managers. managing small to medium rollout projects

I usually charge between £300 - £400 per day for this work and end up working about 12-16 days in the month (which has been fine for me)
    Most of the work has been sub-contracting for resellers of the software. AS you can see it's a bit niche and has gone pretty quiet recently.

I'm thinking of going contracting in the new year. I 'm thinking initially to look at Data Analyst roles. Looking at my skill set is there anything else that stands out that might be worth looking at?
    Also am i being unrealistic if i look for roles that pay around £250 - £275 per day?

Cheers ducks!
    Quack.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
      Quack.
      I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
        I concur.
        Its like water off my back.

Comment

Originally posted by icw View Post

Cheers ducks!
          Yes. you should look for nothing more than about £48-£50 per day.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
            Its like water off my back.
            Don't duck the issue.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

What the duck are you talking about?

Comment

Just make sure you've got all your ducks in a row.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Have a look at NHS Information Analyst roles. It's not a job I've done myself but there are always loads around. They may want NHS experience though - don't know if you'll get round it. Look on the usual boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Have a look at NHS Information Analyst roles. It's not a job I've done myself but there are always loads around. They may want NHS experience though - don't know if you'll get round it. Look on the usual boards.
                    Disapointing level of duck content in that post. 0/10.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X