• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Careful with that Christmas tree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful with that Christmas tree

Firefighters have released dramatic footage of a Christmas tree going up in flames as a warning to homeowners.

Firefighters said the the speed of the blaze spreading would mean that even if a person were awake in the room they probably would not escape.

Firefighters in wood burns when lit shocka!

It's a scandal, under the Sainted Maggie we wouldn't have had combustible wood. It's all that Tony Blairs fault!

Comment

But if we joined the Euro, it wouldn't happen...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

They didn't tell us how much the house was worth!
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Expect more heath and safety ballpats from those fire service twits. It's in their interest to scaremonger. Helps get them more gleaming red fire-engines. Read yesterday that now we are advised if we have a chip pan fire, to let our houses burn down whilst we call them and wait for them to tackle this kitchen menace. One that I myself have personally dealt with in seconds without drama recently (damp towel job over the pan job).

Comment

Gimme a break guys, I know that dry wood burns. the bit that surprised me was:

even if a person were awake in the room they probably would not escape.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

But if the tree was in front of the door, how did they get in the room?

Oh, they got in the room, dragged the tree in behind them. Set up the tree in front of the now closed door. Then set it on fire.

Sounds like a rather unusual method of suicide to me. Hey, but whatever rocks your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

Christmas fairytales me finks.

So, let me see how this would work.......arrrr yes.... I get it - I see the tree burning so I just sit there like a nunce. Gimmee a break man.

Comment

A burning bush would be more Christian than a non-burning Christmas tree. One that doesn't go out.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    But if we joined the Euro, it wouldn't happen...
                    Correct - Christmas trees are banned in Europe on grounds of health & safety and non-inclusivicity.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X