• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MBA entry requirements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBA entry requirements

I'm looking at doing an MBA part time.

The one I want has an entry requirements of 2:1 in an undergraduate degree. I got a 2:2. Emailed the office and somebody just replied the entrance requirements are a 2:1.

Thing is when I was a teenager I wasn't a stellar achiever at uni, had an amazing time though, but I like to think I am reasonably tulip hot at business and have the CV to back that up.

Do they really not want people like me? I'm only really interested in this specific course as it is close to me and has interesting sounding modules.

I suppose you guys all have firsts but any thoughts on hacking my way in to the class?

I have 1st in Scientific Computing

Comment

If you're not 100% set on the course you want, check out the MBA at Heriot Watt

Give me a shout if you want to know anything about it...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post

The one I want has an entry requirements of 2:1 in an undergraduate degree. I got a 2:2. Emailed the office and somebody just replied the entrance requirements are a 2:1.

Thing is when I was a teenager I wasn't a stellar achiever at uni, had an amazing time though, but I like to think I am reasonably tulip hot at business and have the CV to back that up.

Do they really not want people like me? I'm only really interested in this specific course as it is close to me and has interesting sounding modules.

I suppose you guys all have firsts but any thoughts on hacking my way in to the class?
        I was looking at MBA's recently as well, and I have a 2:2 in my undergrad degree for exactly the same reasons as you mentioned above - however I also have a distinction at MSc (when I actually buckled down and worked )and that would be sufficient to get on the course (assuming I'd pass the GMAT and interview)... Don't know what other advice to offer - I was knocked back from plenty of grad schemes for only having a 2:2 until I got the Masters - so I guess you tend to be judged by your last academic qualification.. Some places are just very strict on entrance criteria.
        The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Do the GMAT. Get a good score. Once you've done that you'll have some more leverage.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

...but I like to think I am reasonably tulip hot at business and have the CV to back that up.
            In that case, bollox to the MBA...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I've been provisionally accepted on to an MBA from my CV. I completed the application last night. have a look at http://www.le.ac.uk/ulmc/dl_mba.html its only £7500 instead of £19500 as well.
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                I've been provisionally accepted on to an MBA from my CV. I completed the application last night. have a look at http://www.le.ac.uk/ulmc/dl_mba.html its only £7500 instead of £19500 as well.
                crap
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  crap
                  maybe so, same award as others as they are accreditted by the AMBA.
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

My CSE Grade 3 Woodwork wouldn't cut the mustard either then, eh?

Comment

Working...
                    X