• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sterling recovers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterling recovers

Euro back below .94

Aye Expat

As I predicted yesterday Sterling will rise 10-15 by March against the Euro.

Germany is kaput and now this ... Euros going down folks - and the Dollar ...

The French government said on Friday it would come up with a second stimulus package next year if required to cushion a sharp recession in the eurozone’s second largest economy.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 19 December 2008, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Euro back below .94
      It's what's known as a dead cat bounce. Them that occurs on Fridays generally don't last the day.

Parity by Xmas is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
        It's what's known as a dead cat bounce. Them that occurs on Fridays generally don't last the day.

Parity by Xmas is my guess.

You might be a Dalek - but youre wrong there Tin Head.

Xmas Party will be on the 23rd this year.

Comment

Yep but won't our next interest rate cut bring it back down again?

Comment

Another cut will test the resistance to parity. I hope he doesn't do it because I think the pound has hit the bottom ceteris paribus
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

so do I move last months yoyos across now 1.06656 offered by Cater Allen. Or wait till next interest rate cut (if there is one)?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                Or wait till next interest rate cut (if there is one)?
                They'd be crazy to do another rate cut. So it can happen then!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  They'd be crazy to do another rate cut. So it can happen then!

It's all relative. At least we are in a position to make unilateral rate cuts in order to try to stimulate the economy. There are many countries locked into a stagnant Eurozone that do not have this tool, and are wishing that they did have !!
                  The Eurozone will have to cut rates in due course, but we are ahead of them in the game and this should be to our benefit in the short-term. Certainly, it's benefitting me on my 2% tracker mortgage. It's just a shame that so many have locked into fixed rates because this is hindering the upturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    At least we are in a position to make unilateral rate cuts in order to try to stimulate the economy.
                    It seems to me in this case it would have been much better if rate decisions were not made after undue influence from single Govt. I'd rather have euros here and euro central bank policy - this may well shaft people who overindebted themselves but it was their own choice and they should pay for it in full even if that is only going to serve as a warning to future generations about staying away from debt.

Comment

Working...
                    X