• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hands on deck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All hands on deck

UK running out of money

Should the government introduce new measures to stop people running away?

Are people leaving the UK, deserters?
    I'm alright Jack

The snot goblin's going to have to go cap in hand to the IMF sooner or later, so he may as well do it now. Follow Iceland's example.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      UK running out of money

Should the government introduce new measures to stop people running away?

Are people leaving the UK, deserters?
      They don't need to as anyone with a house as their biggest investment is trapped, moving to Europe has doubled in price over the last few months.

What about a new 'I'm backing Britain' campaign? Would anyone on here work for nothing? ....silly question.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Face the facts. Britain is bankrupt. It’s been bankrupted by the combination of Labour tax and spend policies and a culture of backward, chavlike materialism that makes every Tom, Dick and Harry think that the world owes him a SUV, a detached mock tudor house and a Rolex Oyster at 0% APR.

Each time I’ve visited the UK in the last few years I’ve felt more and more alienated in my own country; the revolting bling bling credit card culture just makes me sick. Thankfully that’s over now. There is one remedy. The UK will have to start living within its means.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Face the facts. Britain is bankrupt. It’s been bankrupted by the combination of Labour tax and spend policies and a culture of backward, chavlike materialism that makes every Tom, Dick and Harry think that the world owes him a SUV, a detached mock tudor house and a Rolex Oyster at 0% APR.

Each time I’ve visited the UK in the last few years I’ve felt more and more alienated in my own country; the revolting bling bling credit card culture just makes me sick. Thankfully that’s over now. There is one remedy. The UK will have to start living within its means.

Comment

The snot goblin's going to have to go cap in hand to the IMF sooner or later, so he may as well do it now. Follow Iceland's example.
            Browns' work is not done until he has bankrupted the IMF. I never really thought Iceland were in long-term trouble - after all they are sitting on a volcano.

Comment

The UK will have to start living within its means.
              A return to the middle ages then?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                A return to the middle ages then?
                Britain was quite wealthy back in the middle ages. Taxes were a lot lower too.

Comment

There's nothing to complain about. Labour are simply returning us to the state we we're in when they left us last time, around 30 yrs ago. - 'The poor man of Europe' as our continental neighbours use to refer.

Comment

The only way out of this mess is for Messrs Brown and Darling to stop pretending to themselves they’re saving the planet and come up with hard-nosed plans to get the budget more balanced, before they’re forced to phone the IMF for a bailout themselves.

But they’re not going to do that, are they?
                    Aha! I said I'd vote for a party that did this.

I get wound up with every pronouncement from Brown including the caveat "due to worldwide problems". I'd like to punch him.

Comment

Working...
                    X