• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK sale of the century

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK sale of the century

cheap goods

Once the shops have emptied their stock will the high street resemble a Soviet era shopping mal.
    I'm alright Jack

Until they lower their prices further, I'm only going to be buying from the Pound Shop.

Comment

does that mean tulip loads of cheap headache tabs?
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        does that mean tulip loads of cheap headache tabs?
        Anti-depressants might make great Christmas presents.

Comment

I don't get it. My missus went out at lunchtime and said the shops were all crammed with shoppers. Same story when I went out on Monday. Are all these people simply not buying anything?

I'm meeting some relatives in Bath tomorrow and dreading the crowds. Did nearly all my Xmas shopping online, as usual, but will have to go and do a food shop one of these days, which I'm also dreading. I'd love to see a deserted high street one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            cheap goods

Once the shops have emptied their stock will the high street resemble a Soviet era shopping mal.
            Went in Woolies last night on the way home and that's exactly what it looked like
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
              Went in Woolies last night on the way home and that's exactly what it looked like
              To be fair they looked like that before this latest kerfuffle.

Comment

Everywhere I go the shops are rammed.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Everywhere I go the shops are rammed.
                  Do you drive a tank perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    I don't get it. My missus went out at lunchtime and said the shops were all crammed with shoppers. Same story when I went out on Monday. Are all these people simply not buying anything?

I'm meeting some relatives in Bath tomorrow and dreading the crowds. Did nearly all my Xmas shopping online, as usual, but will have to go and do a food shop one of these days, which I'm also dreading. I'd love to see a deserted high street one of these days.
                    For food shopping try Ocado.

Comment

Working...
                    X