• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile Broadband opportunity…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Broadband opportunity…..

Called Three about the cheap mobile broadband deal (£7 a month for 3G over 18 months contract).

I have a phone message to call Three back if I want to proceed with it.

Has anyone taken it up? If so, do they just let you take the deal and leave you alone, or is it a cunning way to plague you with junk calls forever?

Don’t think I will be using it often, but, for the sake of £7 a month it is looking too good to refuse……

You ask this as if you really exist - odd.

They don't pester me with "junk calls", and I've been using 3 for ages with mobile broadband.

Comment

I believe NF uses them and has a good service.

I had a three phone and it was a miserable existance : reception terrible.

Comment

I've been tempted twice to dump my landline and hook up with a cheaper looking mobile 3 package. But each time am put off when I gander at the smaller print. A PAYG package for example where you also have to pay a monthly subscription, and potential astronomical bills if you exceed usage limits. It probably isn't as bad as it seems, but that's as far as I get.

Comment

I got it for £5 a month 2 months ago - what a fantastic deal!

Except that it is an appalling service. Most areas are slower than dial up and dropped connections are frequent - why do you think they are trying to do this offer?

I have currently lost my dongle but I'm can't say that I'm fussed.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I've been tempted twice to dump my landline and hook up with a cheaper looking mobile 3 package. But each time am put off when I gander at the smaller print. A PAYG package for example where you also have to pay a monthly subscription, and potential astronomical bills if you exceed usage limits. It probably isn't as bad as it seems, but that's as far as I get.
            We are talking 3Gig and small use, so, worth the flexibility to be mobile for £7 a month, surely......

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              We are talking 3Gig and small use, so, worth the flexibility to be mobile for £7 a month, surely......
              You need 3Gig to access midgetbeardedlesbians.com ?

Comment

i assume the package is just UK wide?
                "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
                  i assume the package is just UK wide?
                  Hmm.... That is a point. Not that I am a globe trotter for work these days, but, would be good to have it chucked in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Don't ask me. I'm tempted to dump my landline, ADSL connection and ISP and use a regular (proper) PAYG phone for receiving calls, and wifi spots for Internet. Cost : 0p. Though something in-between what I have now and the 0p option would be cool, I just haven't found it.

Comment

Working...
                    X