• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil price

Which way is it going in the next 3-6-12 months?

Currently around $45 a barrel about $100 from the peak.

So, are we heading for the $25 barrel or the $125 barrel in the short term?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Currently around $45 a barrel about $100 from the peak.

So, are we heading for the $25 barrel or the $125 barrel in the short term?
    $25
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's going down - and Putin's regime with it!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's going down - and Putin's regime with it!
        Be careful what you wish for....
        Bored.

Comment

Someone I know very well was recently asked at an industry meeting for price projections on one of the chemicals he trades. I will share with you his answer, which applies just as well to oil;
          ‘It’ll go up a bit and then down a bit. Then up a lot and then down a lot. Maybe not quite in that order.’

A lot of people tried to predict the price of oil this year and ended up bust. A lot of others will try to predict the price of oil next year and end up bust.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            A lot of people tried to predict the price of oil this year and ended up bust. A lot of others will try to predict the price of oil next year and end up bust.
            It's a good time to start drip feeding / buying / holding oil for the next boom I think. Pile into LOIL.L like me and you'll either be living in a cardboard box or have your mortgage paid off this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              It's a good time to start drip feeding / buying / holding / piling into oil for the next boom I think. Pile into LOIL.L like me and you'll either be living in a cardboard box or have your mortgage paid off this time next year.
              Or if you have one of them new builds, have your mortgage paid off and be living in a cardboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                It's a good time to start drip feeding / buying / holding / piling into oil for the next boom I think. Pile into LOIL.L like me and you'll either be living in a cardboard box or have your mortgage paid off this time next year.
                You took out a mortgage on a cardboard box?

Typical of all this irresponsible borrowing.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Oil is bound to go down if we enter a serious slowdown, which by all means we probably have. After all, it was only $10/barrel a few years back.

I'm waiting for $20/barrel and then will take a long dated out-of-the-money option/warrant position.

Comment

If oil goes below $20 I vow to stop posting on this forum for as long as it stays below that amount. Bring on the commodities bubble crash!

Comment

Working...
                    X