• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Power cut in Nottingham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power cut in Nottingham

It was very romantic after the first flash of panic...

Sitting in the living room dotted with candles,with hubby without the lure of the telly or the PC

(I'd just run out on the payg mbb... )
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It was very romantic after the first flash of panic...

Sitting in the living room dotted with candles,with hubby without the lure of the telly or the PC

(I'd just run out on the payg mbb... )
    So, a special delivery in September then, eh...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Comment

I like his style. One way of solving the "I prefer to shag you with the lights out, you've totally let yourself go since we were married" situation.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          That ship sailed long ago, Dear...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            I like his style. One way of solving the "I prefer to shag you with the lights out, you've totally let yourself go since we were married" situation.
            I must say that candlelight works wonders...

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Is it like that with Mrs PAH then?

Comment

I bought a huge three-foot tall ornate brass ewer candle holder for £150 in a car boot sale last year. It's so heavy I can barely lift it. Must weigh 100 pounds at least.

It has cherubs in relief all round the side who seem to be playing out some story, like Trajan's column, although I can't quite make out what's going on.

There are lots of bunches of grapes, so maybe they're getting pissed. But where do all the doves fit in. Are they pigeon fanciers too?

Anyway, the dodgy looking geezer I bought it from said I need 4" diameter beeswax candles "you know guv, like the ones they use in cathedrals"

So I'm quite looking forward to power cuts down here. It'll be a great chance to try it out.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Is it like that with Mrs PAH then?
                  Nah, candles play havoc with her plastics. Must get one of those posh jap blow up dolls. Some are quite lifelike, in the dark.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    That ship sailed long ago, Dear...

You don't look old enough for the menopause. You could make a fortune selling whatever anti-ageing cream you use, it seems to actually work.

Maybe it's all those lollies!
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                    X