• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weak job market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weak job market

Weak job market expected

hmm

Is next year the real begin of the "downturn" ?
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Weak job market expected

hmm

In the Autumn statement the chancellor quoted a figure of £5 billion as public sector efficiencies, this can be taken to suggest 100,000 jobs to be lost.

Posted by Robert Priday | 22.12.08, 08:57 GMT
    Ouch.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Yep - when the post-Xmas results start coming in. Right now the tide is way out - but the "bankruptcy tsunami" is just over the horizon...
      Bored.

Comment

Look at it on the bright side. At least my mortgage will be zero !!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Yep - when the post-Xmas results start coming in. Right now the tide is way out - but the "bankruptcy tsunami" is just over the horizon...
          WHS

Its going to be a bad January. Lots of employers waiting until xmas over.

Comment

I know an archaeologist who has just been given the bullet. 7 days before Christmas. And one of her colleagues.

Comment

Morgan Stanley employees got notice of there pay increases and bonuses last week, no pay increases for anyone and my ex was expecting at least £20k but bonus got £2k . I should feel sorry for my ex really but I don't she never believed me when I told her 'Banks show no loyalty so don't work you ass off just go contracting', so she worked her ass off and now has jack to show for it, god I hate being right

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I know an archaeologist who has just been given the bullet. 7 days before Christmas. And one of her colleagues.
                Hmmmm...I never really thought of archaeology as a cyclical industry.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

January is going to be brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    Morgan Stanley employees got notice of there pay increases and bonuses last week, no pay increases for anyone and my ex was expecting at least £20k but bonus got £2k . I should feel sorry for my ex really but I don't she never believed me when I told her 'Banks show no loyalty so don't work you ass off just go contracting', so she worked her ass off and now has jack to show for it, god I hate being right
                    Sorry to hear that - but your Ex displays as they used to say in the post Soviet Union 'The Old way of thinking' ie harder I work the more reward I am due - sorry that no longer applys - it seems that the new post-freemarket rule is - the more gigantic the screwup the more gigantic the payoff/bailout - if youre at the top that is.

Comment

Working...
                    X