• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Music mixing software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music mixing software

Does anyone dabble in making music on the computer? What software do you use and why?

Currently getting to grips with Ableton Live (Lite) 7. Got it working nicely with the guitar so it's now like an unlimited effects pedal that records. However at clientco I can't really bring in a guitar (bloody banks!) however personal laptop with ipod headphones are doing nicely for mixing beats and loops etc.

Bit of a learning curve but much fun and very worth it
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

I use Finale and Sibelius

The Finale version is really old, but I find it best for input, and cleanup.

I then import into Sibelius for finishing off.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I use nuendo which is pretty much cubase.

Got my digital piano linked up to it and will probably pick up a midi drum kit in the new year. PLayed the kit and the guitar for years and years, nearly studied music at Uni.

IT has been pretty tough learning about digital music production over the last few year as I have always played acoustic instruments but it keeps me out of the pub.

When I get a new house I am hoping to get an out building or a basement and convert it into a studio, get a mixing desk, sofa, fridge for the beers and spend my days in it with my mates.

Comment

I have a pretty decent studio setup at home. Ignoring the dedicated audio hardware, on the PC I have Sibelius, Finale, Sonar 7 Pro, Reason 4, Soundforge, Sony Acid and too many VST's to mention.

Part of my job at ClientCo involves writing music to demo their products so I get all the above for free
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I mix all the time on the PC using Mixmeister Fusion.
          8 channels is enough to get some good mashups and transitions working.

Comment

Rosegarden on Ubuntu studio.
            When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Working...
            X