• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet Explorer Patch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer Patch?

I clicked on the appropraite link and all I got was a screen with not alot on it and the word "Done" in the status bar. (Yeah right!!!)

I am not overly reassured.

Am I indeed "Done" or should there be a more emphatic confimation that all is well

Dunno, only ever use Firefox

Why don't you visit the Windows Update site and have it check your machine?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms08-078.mspx

I downloaded and ran the patch from the link above. The patch exe took ages to run, but did eventually, and gave confirmation of completion.

HTH
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I don't know. My machines updated themselves overnight.

Comment

Just put it on there, took about 15 seconds to install on a pretty fast laptop.

System restore takes a bout a minute to run before the exe runs as well

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess I had better try again and leave it for longer. Hourglasses/progress bars who needs them?

Overdating overnight sounds flash. I once let a version of a browser get so old it became incapable of loading any of the available later versions. I had to get my IP to send me a new install CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Masher View Post
              I clicked on the appropraite link and all I got was a screen with not alot on it and the word "Done" in the status bar. (Yeah right!!!)

I am not overly reassured.

Am I indeed "Done" or should there be a more emphatic confimation that all is well
              Are you sure that your browser hasn't been hijacked already?

Try clearing your browser cache and then try running Windows Update.

I am assuming that you haven't done any Windows updates before?
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

Why don't you visit the Windows Update site and have it check your machine?
                How do you know the Windows Update Site hasnt been hijacked ?

Now - that - would be the ultimate hack.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Ditto - I'm fed up with IE not being able to save pages - It spends ages trying, 10%, 20%, (long pause), 30%, etc, and then conks out. That never happens with Firefox.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X