• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas holiday starts today / bench news \o\

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas holiday starts today / bench news \o\

Was speaking to an agent on Friday about a role which they felt I was the 'ideal candidate' for. They were trying to get me into a meeting with Client possibly today with a view to starting 'immediately'.

Anyway, received news earlier this morning that Client won't be considering progressing things until January due to key people being absent now over the Xmas period (public sector gig). Either that or someone better than me has caught their attention...

Had another call today about a possible perm role, big step up the career ladder but half the money..

Spent the weekend thinking I was going to be putting on a suit when I woke up, but on that basis I guess my Xmas holidays can officially start TODAY! Merry Christmas everyone.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

I really feel for everyone on the bench at the minute - this is the worst time of year for it, and especially in a climate when brick sh*tting would be high on anyones list if they were out of work.

Try your best to enjoy Xmas - I know that's an easy thing to say, and a hard thing to believe when you're benched...but things ALWAYS work out! There's always a new gig just round the corner.

x x x x
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      There's always a new gig just round the corner.
      Agreed. My last day at current client was last going to be Christmas Eve. I had a new gig lined up starting 5th Jan which was pulled late on Thursday last week due to budget cuts

I was driving home Friday afternoon, preparing for a lot of (pointless) pimp chasing, when I got a call for current client asking if I would consider staying for another extension. The only embarrasment is, what to do about the leaving card and present I was given on Friday mornng? Solution - ate the chocolates and bought the missus an extra pressie with the vouchers...boomed.
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

had an interview today, fingers crossed i get an xmas present of a new gig.

gig was with a previous client, different department. Only downside was bumped into a mate who had also worked there previously and he was going for the same gig.

*sigh*

Ah well. got another interview lined up just have to wait till after xmas as they're not interviewing till then.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I wish my Xmas holiday could start today. I've got a pig of a cold.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
            I wish my Xmas holiday could start today. I've got a pig of a cold.

tim
            yer not alone there....I am sneezing for nato right now. Could be worse though - it could be xmas day and I could have the inlaws to contend with too.

Always a silver lining somewhere....
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              Always a silver lining somewhere....

Hope it's worth more than the one in your bank notes.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Hope it's worth more than the one in your bank notes.
                You haven't met my inlaws
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  You haven't met my inlaws

We're all related to some degree. Remember that when you're walking past my cardboard box down the underpass.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                  X