• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sadguru's working day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sadguru's working day

Anyone else noticed how guru disappears at around 17:30 or even earlier? He claims to work in the City where workers supposedly work their 's off, long hours culture etc - even in good years he left home well early, what gives?

If he was a contractor (and not permie manager that he alleges to be) I'd understand his strict adherence to time keeping, however he is a permie who clearly does not work much (if at all) - if he is a manager as he claims, how can that be that he leaves work so early? That's bad attitude showing employees that you bugger off early?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Anyone else noticed how guru disappears at around 17:30 or even earlier? He claims to work in the City where workers supposedly work their 's off, long hours culture etc - even in good years he left home well early, what gives?

If he was a contractor (and not permie manager that he alleges to be) I'd understand his strict adherence to time keeping, however he is a permie who clearly does not work much (if at all) - if he is a manager as he claims, how can that be that he leaves work so early? That's bad attitude showing employees that you bugger off early?
    Proves how little you know about the city.

Why do you keep showing how little you know about finance?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Proves how little you know about the city.
      What about hard working, long hours culture in the City then? Do all managers leave bang on time, all is pefect?

This to me sounds more like civil service which I suspect our guru might be part of.

Comment

What about hard working, long hours culture in the City then? Do all managers leave bang on time, all is pefect?

This to me sounds more like civil service which I suspect our guru might be part of.
        If all the stories were true no-one would survive more than a year.

I have worked VERY hard on occasion : but 4 days out of 5 I leave on time. I have several times worked 24 hours withput stopping : but I try to keep the average to 9 hours per day.

It all depends how good you are at your job really : I suspect SG is v v good at his. Well : good at all 3 jobs actually!

Comment

If all the stories were true no-one would survive more than a year.
          He leaves work at like 17:30 sharpish - maybe even earlier, it smells more like civil service than private company that pays good money and expect you to do good job even without overtime paid.

Comment

I suspect SG is v v good at his. Well : good at all 3 jobs actually!

guru

, sas and ?

Comment

He leaves work at like 17:30 sharpish - maybe even earlier, it smells more like civil service than private company that pays good money and expect you to do good job even without overtime paid.
              Smells more like your talking out of your arse as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Smells more like your talking out of your arse as usual!
                What's wrong in my statement?

If you look at when he stops posting you will find it is closer to 17:30 than 18:00, I'd say he buggers off even earlier - 17:15.

Comment

What's wrong in my statement?

If you look at when he stops posting you will find it is closer to 17:30 than 18:00, I'd say he buggers off even earlier - 17:15.
                  I finish posting at 15:30 4 days out of 5 - do you think I am in the (un)civil (dis)service too?

Comment

I'd say he buggers off even earlier - 17:15.
                    Your problem is that nobody cares what you say alexei.
                    You have talked so much rubbish over such a prolonged period on such a wide range of topics that nobody bothers to take you seriously anymore. Now get back to your jazz mags and pot noodles, there's a good chap.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X