• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama and his Energy Team!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama and his Energy Team!

Something strange or something suspect!

Obama energy team? Anyway been reading this? All the top dogs have been lined up for a push to get States AWAY from dependency on Oil.

Now call me "Mary dressed in drag", but surely this kind of indicates they either HAVE something already or are near bringing a replacement out? Why do I say this? Well in history of the states politics it has always been about Oil and securing energy requirements for the future. Having probably realised that they cant go against Russia, China, Iran, India and the rest - it would appear that they now have realised that they need another source.....fast!

With such a invention or product being a multi-trillion dollar business it wouldnt surprise me that within 5-8 years they bring something out that can challenge oil as we know it today.

As we know - the next nation to bring out a true energy replacement WILL be the ruling economy for the next 100+ years. So I guess it would make sense that America moves forward..?

It will be sufficient to reduce global oil usage by 25-30% to have a lot of excess supply so that price of oil is low ($20 per barrel or less like in 90s) and there is plenty competition among countries willing to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It will be sufficient to reduce global oil usage by 25-30% to have a lot of excess supply so that price of oil is low ($20 per barrel or less like in 90s) and there is plenty competition among countries willing to sell it.
      I guess they have realised that to beat the likes of Iran, Russia and Cuba they know that if they can keep Oil at below $50 a barrel their economies will either decline slowly or the countries will simply collapse.

Although I'd still suspect that they will bring something out - as lets be honest when India and China hit there new wave of growth in 5-10 years time - they will be the Consumer by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        I guess they have realised that to beat the likes of Iran, Russia and Cuba they know that if they can keep Oil at below $50 a barrel their economies will either decline slowly or the countries will simply collapse.
        I hope so - cheap oil killed USSR and now it is killing Soviet Russia - this is the most humane and cheap way to deal with this problem.

I wish it was someone other than Bush president in the last 10 years, then that person would make deal with Saddam and get lots of cheap oil - there would be no Putin and backwards states would not get money, no Iraq more (huge savings again) - the only downside CO2 emissions due to cheap oil, but I think this shock of $150 per barrel won't be forgotten and Obama will make sure USA kicks some butt in this area - well overdue.

Comment

I hope so - cheap oil killed USSR and now it is killing Soviet Russia - this is the most humane and cheap way to deal with this problem.

I wish it was someone other than Bush president in the last 10 years, then that person would make deal with Saddam and get lots of cheap oil - there would be no Putin and backwards states would not get money, no Iraq more (huge savings again) - the only downside CO2 emissions due to cheap oil, but I think this shock of $150 per barrel won't be forgotten and Obama will make sure USA kicks some butt in this area - well overdue.
          I agree with you here - at the time the likes of Exxon and BP were laughing to the Bank and I am sure many back handers were fruity but the compound impact in losses running into Trillions makes the 10 or 20 billion the Oil Companies made - well seem nothing. Just goes to show the massive change that $150 made......

Not sure how USA will deal with China though - that will be interesting as with Russia and Iran its easy - keep Oil Price surpressed..but with China? When they hold an alleged $2trillion in reserves...how do you deal with that.

Comment

Not sure how USA will deal with China though
            They will make a deal - Russia (or people who run it) is being totally stupid about China where they have on their maps Siberia marked as Chinese territory and frankly they have a point since China was great country even before Russia was formed.

Comment

Something strange or something suspect!

Obama energy team? Anyway been reading this? All the top dogs have been lined up for a push to get States AWAY from dependency on Oil.

Now call me "Mary dressed in drag", but surely this kind of indicates they either HAVE something already or are near bringing a replacement out?
              They have something already. It is widely known 'secret' that oil companies have been buying up alternative energy devices and patents for many years.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"Obama and his Energy team"

...I thought you we discussing a cartoon. Kinda like Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  They have something already. It is widely known 'secret' that oil companies have been buying up alternative energy devices and patents for many years.
                  Ive heard this for years tbh but I dont know; youd think something would have been leaked? I mean its soo hard now with the Internet age to hide things.....dont you think?

Comment

Consumption is growing at around 3% a year IIRC, so this would take a global effort or a technology breakthrough. Good luck there.

Comment

Working...
                    X