• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Update just 'bricked' my iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Update just 'bricked' my iPhone

Yay!

Now having to restore factory settings after an update failed. Clearly the "restore" is a load of old tosh if you have to reset back to factory settings and lose everything on it!

Cheers Apple, Merry Christmas.

Anyone else had this? Or should I feel special.

Edit: apologies to BM for piggybacking

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Yay!

Now having to restore factory settings after an update failed. Clearly the "restore" is a load of old tosh if you have to reset back to factory settings and lose everything on it!

Was it unlocked? Updates usually break unlocked systems, as unlocking involves making a number of unsupported changes to the OS.

Otherwise, there's nothing so far on Techmeme, Technorati, Slashdot, or Digg

Comment

Nope. It was/is/will be on O2.

I'll see what it can get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Yay!

Seems they are on a roll

So far, not tempted by the iPhone. Never been interested in these do-everything (poorly) phones.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

My company provided me with an iPhone 3G as the Co Mobile. Seems alright to me, and it hasn't "bricked" yet. Only got it on Friday and yes it is up-to-date.
          Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Going to back mine up before applying any updates now
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Seems they are on a roll

So far, not tempted by the iPhone. Never been interested in these do-everything (poorly) phones.
              Nah, i cracked and got a 3G and love it. It does everything very well IMO. Web browser is particularly well implemented. Just updated mine and it didnt break either.

Comment

How do you find the battery life?
                Fully charged this morning, sent a couple of emails and 1/2 surffing this morning and battery only half full now!
                Not sure if it will last listening to an hour of iPod this afternoon and till i get back to home office!!!!
                Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

mine is soldiering on quite well at the moment but I've stopped playing with it so much now.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I find the battery gets to about half full if I send/receive a lot of mail, and listen to music for about an hour during a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X