• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Globe is nice and warm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globe is nice and warm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7796044.stm

Canada has been blanketed in snow from coast to coast after severe winter storms hit transport and left tens of thousands of homes without electricity.

Strong winds and snowfall have hampered relief efforts, with meteorologists forecasting more bad weather to come.

Coastal areas of Nova Scotia have been issued with storm warnings and Vancouver, Quebec and Ontario were also braced for more wintry weather.

Analysts say Canada may have its first countrywide white Christmas since 1971.

In the north-western territory of Yukon the temperature reportedly dropped as low as -45C (-49F).

Hot hot hot!

Must be all that CO2 trapping the heat like a greenhouse.

That's why the puppetmasters have renamed "Global Warming" to "Climate Change".

Question is, would you prefer to have someone jerking your strings, or get a good fisting like many sockpuppets on here?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The Swiss would agree, the globe would appear to be nice and toasty.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7796044.stm

Canada has been blanketed in snow from coast to coast after severe winter storms hit transport and left tens of thousands of homes without electricity.

Strong winds and snowfall have hampered relief efforts, with meteorologists forecasting more bad weather to come.

Coastal areas of Nova Scotia have been issued with storm warnings and Vancouver, Quebec and Ontario were also braced for more wintry weather.

Analysts say Canada may have its first countrywide white Christmas since 1971.

In the north-western territory of Yukon the temperature reportedly dropped as low as -45C (-49F).

Hot hot hot!

Must be all that CO2 trapping the heat like a greenhouse.
        That'll be the Arctic melting.

I worked in an ice cream factory many years ago as a student, and once or twice their walk-in freezers needed maintenance or defrosting. During those times it felt noticeably colder and damper just outside the freezer door than when the freezer was at its normal low temperature.

The parallel should be obvious, but in case not I'll spell it out. Counterintuitively, I reckon a melting Arctic produces colder rainier (and, in winter, snowier) weather for a while. But if the present level of CO2 emissions continues, or rises, this cold spell won't last...
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I see some people still haven't worked out the difference between "climate" and "weather".

Ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Ho humbug
            Yeah they're such re-tards, whatever a tard is.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I see some people still haven't worked out the difference between "climate" and "weather".

Ho hum
              Hey, it's Xmas, it's quiet, I'll bite. Enlighten us, what is the difference between climate & weather?
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                Hey, it's Xmas, it's quiet, I'll bite. Enlighten us, what is the difference between climate & weather?
                You should ask Nasa
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  Weather is what they get wrong when trying to forecast 3 days ahead.

Climate is what they get wrong when trying to forecast a decade ahead.
                  When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                    Weather is what they get wrong when trying to forecast 3 days ahead.

Climate is what they get wrong when trying to forecast a decade ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X