• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just watched the best fictional UK TV programme in years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the best fictional UK TV programme in years

And the award goes to......

Dead Set originally shown on E4. Just watched the DVD I got through on rental. Superb for those who like the new style of zombie film. Fits very well in the 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead remake mould.

Certainly the most gory TV programme EVER! No bullshine.

Well written, well acted, well produced, well gory. I loved it!

Stick that up your tailpipe BBC, with your tiresome kids TV quality 'drama'.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

WTF is a "new style zombie film"?

(And no I don't like zombie films so I guess that wont like this new style either)

tim

Comment

My 15-year-old son still likes zombie films. I'll tell him about it.

Comment

I hate to admit it but I quite liked Survivors. Its a bit cack in places, granted, but a good bit of escapism.

If ever in that type of situation it seems like a good idea to ditch any do gooding Guardian-reader-type-women from your group before they completely **** everything up (in every single episode).

Comment

I would have the selfish blonde, mardy cow rule the Survivors, she would lick them into shape !

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
            WTF is a "new style zombie film"?

The ones where the zombies have been on the red bull.

I know some fanatics say they aren't real zombies, but then again none of them are real.

The original Dawn of the Dead is still my favourite zombie film, but Dead Set is up there too, mainly because of the humour, and the delight in seeing a load of Big Brother plebs being offed in a truly gruesome style.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              And the award goes to......

Dead Set originally shown on E4. Just watched the DVD I got through on rental. Superb for those who like the new style of zombie film. Fits very well in the 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead remake mould.

Certainly the most gory TV programme EVER! No bullshine.

Well written, well acted, well produced, well gory. I loved it!

Stick that up your tailpipe BBC, with your tiresome kids TV quality 'drama'.
              Charlie Booker of Screenwipe isn't it?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I missed a zombie film????? Damn.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I missed a zombie film????? Damn.
                  If you want to see zombies, just go to your local shopping mall during the boxing day sales
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    If you want to see zombies, just go to your local shopping mall during the boxing day sales

Yeah, those are the real ones. I take my earlier comment back.

For sure, if I worked in a mall I'd be playing that muzak from the original Dawn of the Dead over the tannoy. In fact that's my new plan B if I get benched in the new year and have to take a menial job to keep me in pot noodles.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                    X