• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Rock WAS victimised

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rock WAS victimised

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7796329.stm

Other banks needed just as much money and will need more in due course. It's a real scandal the way that Rock shareholders have been robbed and yet HBOS, LLoyds can trade on. Roll on the 12th of January and the Judicial review.

I thought you meant the wrestler turned film-actor! Being victimised by Gian Haystacks or The Undertaker perhaps!

Oh how I laughed when I realised my mistake.
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      I thought you meant the wrestler turned film-actor! Being victimised by Gian Haystacks or The Undertaker perhaps!

Oh how I laughed when I realised my mistake.
      Methinks today will be a long one based on the quality of posts up to now...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
        Methinks today will be a long one based on the quality of posts up to now...
        Shut it.
        Bored.

Comment

FFS, the rock was the #1 bank of selling 125% liar loans to people working at Tescos on 12k a year and who couldn't pay the money back.

With a business plan like that and run by imbeciles, it was going to fail sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7796329.stm

Other banks needed just as much money and will need more in due course. It's a real scandal the way that Rock shareholders have been robbed and yet HBOS, LLoyds can trade on. Roll on the 12th of January and the Judicial review.

125% mortgages was a good sign to sell the shares.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              Shut it.
              I rest my case....
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                FFS, the rock was the #1 bank of selling 125% liar loans to people working at Tescos on 12k a year and who couldn't pay the money back.

With a business plan like that and run by imbeciles, it was going to fail sooner or later.

Not true. Many other banks were also offering 125% loans. Plus, the loans were not the issue, which was in fact LIQUIDITY, and the run caused by leaks by HMG and Robert Peston, which removed approx. 14 Billion pounds of that liquidity.

Comment

The Rock's quite a big fella to get victimised
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

By the way, I read today that Robert Preston's father was a former advisor to the Labour Party. Funny how the police arrested a Tory MP regarding minor leaks on Labour policy, and yet have not laid one finger on Robert Peston !!! After all, Peston's leaks have been a constant thorn in the stock market and shareholders sides and have always appeared to favour New Lie.

I trust in due course investigations will be made on 'insider trading', Peston, the Treasury and the BBC's obvious bias towards New Lie throughout the banking crisis. ... and pigs may fly !!

Comment

Working...
                    X