• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you had flu yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you had flu yet?

According to press reports (log onto the Internet and use Google) there has been a recent surge in flu cases. Have you had flu yet this Winter (which unofficially started at the end of October)?

My mam got taken into hospital yesterday with Pneumonia (she's been ill with "flu" for the last 9 weeks) and they reckon there's been a massive surge in that.

Anyone else been watching Survivors?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

I wouldn't say it was flu, but I've been bad with cough/cold/aches for the past 7/10 days.
      Just getting over the worst of it now, just need to shake the dry cough off.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        My mam got taken into hospital yesterday with Pneumonia (she's been ill with "flu" for the last 9 weeks) and they reckon there's been a massive surge in that.

Anyone else been watching Survivors?
        Good luck Sal, my wife was taken in with Pneumonia 2 years ago and it was tough.

The best thing to come from it was that it made her give up the smokes.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I wouldn't say it was flu, but I've been bad with cough/cold/aches for the past 7/10 days.
          Just getting over the worst of it now, just need to shake the dry cough off.
          +1

Comment

yes. whole family came down with it three weeks ago. not the worst but bad enough. glad it came in time to be gone before christmas.

Comment

Know a few doctors with the gf being one, one of them was talking about how she was at a meeting where they said that a pandemic will come eventually and how they will manipulate the media outlets to keep the country calm.

A few days later Survivors starts and the hypochondriacs are now never off the surgeries phones.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                Sorry to hear that - I hope she has a quick recovery. My mum's been in exactly the same boat over the past two months - she had a cough for weeks that just got worse & worse - no-one was taking it seriously until she got taken to hospital with pneumonia. She was in for two weeks filled up with steroids and antibiotics and is now convalescing at home. It takes a long time to get over apparently.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Sorry to hear that - I hope she has a quick recovery. My mum's been in exactly the same boat over the past two months - she had a cough for weeks that just got worse & worse - no-one was taking it seriously until she got taken to hospital with pneumonia. She was in for two weeks filled up with steroids and antibiotics and is now convalescing at home. It takes a long time to get over apparently.
                  It took my wife easily 3/4 months to start getting back on track, but I wonder whether she enjoyed watching me do everything for a change ?

Comment

I was in bed all weekend with a temperature floating between 101-105F the whole time. Nice when the bed is so drenched with sweat it takes hours to dry... wife was worried enough at 105F to call the out of hours doctor phoneline.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X