• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The City

So, it turns out that hard working long hours culture of the City is a myth - workers regularly bugger off home at 17:15/17:30, even during recession when one would imagine they'd have some long term thinking to do whatever it takes to keep cushy jobs they have.

Somehow this does not suprise me.

source of these facts is?

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Have you filed your tax return? We need your taxes for our bonuses you know. Chop chop!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        source of these facts is?
        Some really hard working City chaps who wished to remain anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Have you filed your tax return?
          My accountant will do that in due course.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            My accountant will do that in due course.
            I thought you would have a team of accountants, bit like your legal team?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I thought you would have a team of accountants, bit like your legal team?
              It's not necessary.

If you give me your home address I'll ask the legal firm that my company retained to write you a short letter (you will be invoiced for that) telling you about different team members they have that cover different areas of law.

Comment

I will send you an invoice for motivational services.
                The only thing keeping you going is the desire to prove people like me wrong, n'est-ce pas?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I will send you an invoice for motivational services.
                  Try that and it will be (in my view) classed as fraud or attempt to obtain money by deception - unlike my example you won't have real company (3rd party) behind you that would justify the costs easily.

The only thing keeping you going is the desire to prove people like me wrong, n'est-ce pas?
                  Not at all - I don't give a fook about people like you, I am doing what I am doing for myself because I think I am doing the right thing, even if nobody said it was stupid idea I'd still do it. It would be a nice side effect that people like you will look like tulipheads, but it's not even remotely small motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Try that and it will be (in my view) classed as fraud or attempt to obtain money by deception - unlike my example you won't have real company (3rd party) behind you that would justify the costs easily.

Not at all - I don't give a fook about people like you, I am doing what I am doing for myself because I think I am doing the right thing, even if nobody said it was stupid idea I'd still do it. It would be a nice side effect that people like you will look like tulipheads, but it's not even remotely small motivation.

Why will people like me look like tulipheads?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X