• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a good idea, or maybe not...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a good idea, or maybe not...

To cut down on the number of ruined Xmas' in Denmark this year the local plod have gone out and picked up as many burglars as possible and thrown them in gaol as a preventative measure.

What does the congregation think of that as a crime fighting idea?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I think it's a great idea. I want to write the list though!
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Liverpool would be a ghost town.

Comment

But that's a violation of their human rights surely!

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          But that's a violation of their human rights surely!
          One can only hope.
          When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

maybe they can lock up all the boozers, drink drivers and wife beaters too, to offer some respite for the festive period. I hear domestic violence and drink driving offences increase around xmas (no source to cite I'm afraid) so locking up people with previous in this domain would seem to be along the same lines as this proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
              maybe they can lock up all the boozers, drink drivers and wife beaters too, to offer some respite for the festive period. I hear domestic violence and drink driving offences increase around xmas (no source to cite I'm afraid) so locking up people with previous in this domain would seem to be along the same lines as this proposal.
              Keep going, you're starting to interest me now. Nothing's a deal-breaker yet.

Comment

How about hedge fund managers?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

...and squirrel botherers?
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    How about hedge fund managers?
                    No. We'll be needing them again soon. Liberals on the other hand can be removed form society without there being a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X