• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown to seize control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown to seize control

Serious thought is apparently being given to the Weimar solution: the Bank of England would simply print money and hand out fistfuls to every citizen in the hope that he would spend, spend, spend, thereby saving the retail and investment markets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...cash-away.html

Interesting article by Janet Daley.

I wondered why Labour are so keen to tax, then offer tax credits, instead of just cutting tax. Answer? Communism. If they do win the next election (in about 6 months) be very afraid.
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    I wondered why Labour are so keen to tax, then offer tax credits, instead of just cutting tax. Answer? Communism. If they do win the next election (in about 6 months) be very afraid.
    I have been saying this for most of the last ten years.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." was one of Karl Marx's slogans. The tax credit system is an implementation of this. The government takes the taxes from people and hands the money back according to how it thinks appropriate.

But I have been saying this for ten years and it hasn't got any worse in that time. As for the article, what a load of bollocks. Is there any evidence that the Government is really planning to open the money supply floodgates? Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows that that would lead to total catastrophe. (See Zimbabwe for a recent example.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Is there any evidence that the Government is really planning to open the money supply floodgates? Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows that that would lead to total catastrophe. (See Zimbabwe for a recent example.)
      I don't know. But everybody, and I mean everybody, also knows that high levels of borrowing in the good times leaves the cupboard bare for the bad. (See UK for a recent example.)

Don't rule out anything.

Comment

For a moment there I thought this had to do with birth rates and immigration. whew!
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

communism

bailing out failed scottish and irish banks is a form of communism anyway.
          Comrade paulson has many $$$$ for his wall street cronies. capitalism is communism for the rich...

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            I have been saying this for most of the last ten years.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." was one of Karl Marx's slogans. The tax credit system is an implementation of this. The government takes the taxes from people and hands the money back according to how it thinks appropriate.
            Hear Hear!
            Tax credits, a system of social engineering

Is there any evidence that the Government is really planning to open the money supply floodgates?
            Yeah
            "Section 6 of the Bank Charter Act 1844 (Bank to produce weekly account) shall cease to have effect."

as revealed by Guido Fawkes and also commented on here:
            http://cynicuseconomicus.blogspot.co...k-economy.html

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
              Yeah
              "Section 6 of the Bank Charter Act 1844 (Bank to produce weekly account) shall cease to have effect."

as revealed by Guido Fawkes and also commented on here:
              http://cynicuseconomicus.blogspot.co...k-economy.html
              Fook.

Comment

So HMG are printing money, to prop up the banks, so the banks can lend money back to the government, so the government can prop up the banks...

Is this Brownonomics in extremis, or is there even more madness to come?

Look what you get when you leave an idiot at the controls for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  So HMG are printing money, to prop up the banks, so the banks can lend money back to the government, so the government can prop up the banks...

Is this Brownonomics in extremis, or is there even more madness to come?

Look what you get when you leave an idiot at the controls for 10 years.
                  But he is about to be re-elected.....

Comment

Working...
                  X