• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Crime

Citizens - New directive from the ministry:

"
    The charge may be brought where a motorist:

1. drives into the back of another car due to inattention

2. tries to read a map at the wheel

3. inserts a cassette or CD or tunes a radio

4. argues with passengers or other road users

5. eats or drinks at the wheel

6. smokes at the wheel

7. uses a hands-free mobile phone

8. fails to stop at a school crossing

9. splashes a passing pedestrian by driving through a puddle

10. listens to music so loud that it masks other road noise
    "

Goodsense - drive by splashing will no longer be tolerated.

Think happy thoughts this 72 hour period (failure to do so will be corrected).
    Bored.

None of these are new.

Somebody got with with a drive by splashing the other weekend. I was hoping that the engine stalled with the water going in the air intake, then the police could have done me for ABH

Comment

You can already be prosecuted for deliberately splashing people with a car. It's been the law for years.

Most of your list would be covered already as driving without due car and attention.

If the police think that your listening to the radio or using a hands-free mobile has caused you to drive without due care and attention you can be prosecuted. Of course the CPS may drop the case, or you may be found not guilty in court if they believe you did give due care and attention to your driving.

So your list is already a small subset of what can result in your being prosecuted. In fact it isn't really a list, it's simply any activity that can lead you to driving without due care and attention.

Why the OP? Been done have you?
      When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
        Why the OP? Been done have you?
        Nope - Where I live the police have better things to do (sleeping I think).

Wonder if anyone's been prosecuted for "splashing a passing pedestrian by driving through a puddle...."
        Bored.

Comment

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

Comment

Worth translating that, as it applies word for word to NewLab and the EU:

"The more corrupt the state the more profuse the laws" ...
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              9. splashes a passing pedestrian by driving through a puddle
              They take all the fun out of driving.

Comment

What about:

"Pulling out of a junction while mouthing obscenities and making obscene hand gestures at people on a coach, and ramming the car they thought had gone past"?

Stockport County fan last season. I was on the coach, full of visiting fans. Oh how we laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Stockport County fan last season. I was on the coach, full of visiting fans. Oh how we laughed.
                  They're allowed cars in Stockport ? Surely that's not a good idea.
                  Bored.

Comment

Working...
                  X