• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ways to cook a sasguru

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to cook a sasguru

Method
    1. Par-boil the potatoes in gently boiling salted water for about 8 minutes. Stop cooking before they're cooked right through.
    2. Leave to cool completely, then scratch roughly with a fork and season with a little fine salt.
    3. Only roast around the joint if there is plenty of fat - at least ½cm/¾in in the tin - and plenty of room. It's better to preheat the oil in a separate pan, adding any beef fat from the roasting tin just before the potatoes go in. Don't add the potatoes until the oil is sizzling hot. Baste or turn the potatoes (carefully) as soon as they go into the pan so they have a light coating of oil from the start.
    4. Roast for the last 45 minutes of your joint's cooking time, turning at least once. If they look like they could use a bit more browning/crisping, leave them in after the joint has come out to rest, while you increase the heat for the Yorkshire pudding.
    5. Then, when the preheated pudding tin is ready you'll have to decide whether the potatoes come out, or stay in for the full 15 minutes of pudding time.
    6. Drain well and keep in a warm oven, uncovered and not too piled on top of each other. Season again with salt and pepper before serving.

Well it doesn’t look as if he’s around so I’m going to make hay while the sun shines!

Does any one else have any sasguru related recipes they want to share?
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

I like the one where Sasguru is likened to the Dalai Lama compared to that Deano *****.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

There are no ways to cook a deano as its typical withered, shrivelled and downright obnoxious appearance is bound to put you off.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        I like the one where Sasguru is compared to the Dalai Lama compared to that Deano *****.
        My sentiments entirely concur with those expressed by the lady above. (WSS)
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          My sentiments entirely concur with those expressed by the lady above. (WSS)
          Ooh, Lady

I like that

That's almost saucy!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Ooh, Lady

I like that

That's almost saucy!
            Stop it, I'm blushing
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
              .. Does any one else have any sasguru related recipes they want to share?
              I have a couple of stuffing recipes, but you'll need a jumbo-sized sasguru baster.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

sassy is a ready meal - he is always prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  sassy is a ready meal
                  Over-priced, disapointing and leaves you feeling unsatisfied?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Over-priced, disapointing and leaves you feeling unsatisfied?

Comment

Working...
                    X