• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bit quiet out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit quiet out there

Is it my imagination or has the contractor market suddenly gone almost dead?

Found it to be the complete opposite over last two days, went from completly dead to live and kicking. Now if they would just stop posting contracts where people must have 1 billion years of financial/banking experience.

Comment

yeah what is with that? I bet even the cleaners require 5 years banking experience!

Can't see it really making a huge difference......

Comment

That I've noticed. Agents are calling me constantly but no interviews are getting set up and I have yeeeaaarrrs of financial service. Maybe its just me but I've had little trouble in the past. At 40 am I "over-the-hill"? (on paper at least, still a pretty-boy in the flesh)

Comment

Very quiet for me too. A few agencies snooping around asking about my availability, and then coming out with some crap that a new project is coming up soon and could they have two references now, just to get me 'ahead of the game'. Tossers !

Anyway let's get back to real life ....... Would you do her ?

I just might after a few pints

Comment

Hmmm... interesting profanity filter.

The word w ankers shows as ******* but the word Tossers shows up ok.

I wonder what the word **** looks like ?

Comment

well it looks exactly like ****. Or ****. Or wank. Oh no this one passes. Or *******? tulip? ****?
              Mmmmm
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

More blueish I wold have said. Thena again, you giant alien lizards always have had a problem with visible spectrum colour perception haven't you?

Here she is in real life...

Comment

I've been looking for just under a month now.
                  I think it's pretty dead, but fortunately Fleetwood plc has a few quid put away to help us through these dark days
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

wonder what the word **** looks like ?

Fück is a four lettered word they say.

Comment

Working...
                    X