• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IP Addresses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Addresses

Does anyone on this board have the genuine capacity to log and post IP addresses?
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Originally posted by WageSlave
    Does anyone on this board have the genuine capacity to log and post IP addresses?
    Would that be in breach of data protection legislation, collecting information without the user's permission and all that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Would that be in breach of data protection legislation, collecting information without the user's permission and all that?
      Ah, since when has that ever bothered the members of this board?

But seriously, I can't do it myself and I would like to prove that I am not another member of this forum. The only way I can think of doing this is through IP details.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
        Ah, since when has that ever bothered the members of this board?

But seriously, I can't do it myself and I would like to prove that I am not another member of this forum. The only way I can think of doing this is through IP details.
        Here's my IP Address

Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
          Here's my IP Address

Thanks, JC, but your integrity isn't in question.

What I need is for my IP to be posted (happy for this to happen!) along with another member. I can't see the second part happening, but at least the first part should prove I'm not playing 'sick' jokes.

Comment

I think site admin can see IP addresses, so if you were doing "sick" things then all your logins would go.

You could ask the mods to state that you are not posting as two people. I am sure they know who is.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Cheers, LG. I think that's what I will do.

Comment

Okay, I admit it, I was WageSlave all along.

Comment

I have sent a message to the Mod.

Btw, I am Threaded. Now where did I leave that other lambo?

Comment

IP addresses

My website logs IP addresses. Of course you'll have to sign up to download my software.

Comment

Working...
                    X