• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B's?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B's?

A lot of people on here refer to their Plan B's?

Without obviously revealing too much what are peoples Plan B's?

Buy-to-let.

Except AtW, he's got SKA, but that might be his Plan A.

Comment

..preferably serious answers...

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        ..preferably serious answers...
        You'd need to post it somewhere else then mate.

SKA is my Plan A indeed, Plan B is training squirrels to steal money in exchange for nuts...

Comment

What is SKA?

Comment

What is SKA?
            All you need to know is that SKA operates on need to know basis

Comment

A lot of people on here refer to their Plan B's?

Without obviously revealing too much what are peoples Plan B's?

These are normally something like:

Wine Bar.
              Web site.
              Day trading financial markets.

etc

I went for the third option. And after about 5 to 10 thousand hours of hard work i managed to figure out a few ways to make big money. But i dont recommend it unless you want to put in that kind of work.
              Last edited by Iron Condor; 27 December 2008, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
                  These are normally something like:

Wine Bar.
                  Web site.

etc

I went for the third option. And after about 5 thousand hours of hard work i managed to figure out a few ways to make money. But i dont recommend it unless you want to put in that kind of work.

Interesing - My Plan B has been a parallel Plan A for a while an like yours.

However I only do FTSE100, DOW, Brent Crude and a few others.

However I launched another Plan B in August which is bringing in sales of 8-10k a month but one that has a lot of potential as the down turn increases.

Comment

My plan B is writing and editing books. Up to now it has been related to all the technical and business related guff I have between my ears, but I've recently found that writing novels is surprisingly fun (and potentially rewarding).

I can see Plan B becoming Plan A in the next couple of years. I still have a lot to learn re Plan B - but it's fun learning it.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X