• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Witness to an event

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witness to an event

Without going into too much detail...

I was walking up the shops with my little boy last night when I heard this almighty explosion and a huge mushroom cloud from one of my neighbours houses.. almost like the house had collapsed... like nothing I've ever seen before. I stopped and walked back slightly to get a better look and realised the entire garden was on fire and it was surrounded by woodland etc.. As I began to dial 999 on my phone this guy came running out of the adjacent alleyway (which was pitch black) holding what looked like a canister and ran right past me into another street.

By this point several of the neighbours were out now and I was giving details over the phone to the police/fire.. In a way I'm glad my son was with me which stopped me confronting the guy or following him, you never know what these kind of people are capable of doing in the heat of the moment. Apparently a revenge attack by some road rage nutter who had followed them home earlier that day and tried to beat them up on their own driveway. Hope they catch him!
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    In a way I'm glad my son was with me which stopped me confronting the guy or following him, you never know what these kind of people are capable of doing in the heat of the moment.
    If UK allowed God given right to bear arms (by those who pass tests etc), then you would not have this dilemma and the criminal would have gotten it there and then (or you went to jail for shooting the wrong guy) - swift justice and low overheads for the taxpayer.

Comment

Yeah but with that theory I'd probably have dead neighbours, rather than some of their garden burnt.

[edit] ok, I can see you added the bits in brackets.. fair point I guess [/edit]

Comment

Did you get a look at them?

Are you more relieved that YOU are ok and that you dont really care what happened to the occupants of the house?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          Did you get a look at them?

Are you more relieved that YOU are ok and that you dont really care what happened to the occupants of the house?
          No it was pitch black and the guy ran out of the alley dressed almost fully in black with a hat on. I almost think me standing at the entrance had caused him to wait, but upon seeing me calling on my phone he decided to go for it.. I had literally 3 seconds of him 20ft away from me from nowhere.. it all happened so fast.

Of course I was concerned about my neighbours though, I live in a nice area, neighbourhood watch etc.. I was more concentrating on getting the emergency services alerted.

Comment

Has this been on BBC news yet?

Comment

Nobody was hurt, the fire put out quickly.. not seen it on the news no. Might be on the news if/when there is a conclusion to it though...

Comment

Must have been a bad road rage incident to provoke that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Must have been a bad road rage incident to provoke that.
                  Yeah. How do you know your neighbour didn't deserve it. He might have nearly killed someone on the road.

(just a thought)

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    Yeah. How do you know your neighbour didn't deserve it. He might have nearly killed someone on the road.

(just a thought)
                    Round my manor just a bad look is enough for a fire-bombing. At Best. At worst its battery acid time......

Comment

Working...
                    X