• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does the average CUK person live their life (financially)..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the average CUK person live their life (financially)..

Just curious as to where I fit in demographically.
    Spend it all, live life to the max, could be dead tomorrow.
    7.50%
    Hardcore saver/repayer, want a pot of money to make life easier/retire faster
    25.00%
    Somewhere in between the two above, life life a bit and save/pay debt off a bit
    55.00%
    None of the above - I have no spare cash for 'other reasons'....
    12.50%
    Last edited by chris79; 27 December 2008, 19:40.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Where is the andyw option?

Comment

I asked this the last time I did a poll when someone mentioned it.. I dont get/understand the AndyW joke, maybe I wasn't on here when it all happened etc, but if anyone will explain I will incorporate it (if appropriate) in future.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
        I asked this the last time I did a poll when someone mentioned it.. I dont get/understand the AndyW joke, maybe I wasn't on here when it all happened etc, but if anyone will explain I will incorporate it (if appropriate) in future.
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-andy-atw.html

I my opinion option 4 should have been "I am andyw : I only get pocket money"

HTH

Comment

Ok, a few questions here..

Does AndyW still post on this board? I don't recall seeing any of late from a user with that name.

Why is it AndyW and not Andy?.. was his name actually AndyW? Or is it intended to combine AtW and Andy together in some strange kind of double-person name?

Thanks.

Comment

Whose poo is that on your avatar's face? Reminds me of a recurrent dream, I am following Dawn French up an escalator when she undergoes a huge bottom explosion. Bliss. What was the question?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                Ok, a few questions here..

Does AndyW still post on this board? I don't recall seeing any of late from a user with that name.

Why is it AndyW and not Andy?.. was his name actually AndyW? Or is it intended to combine AtW and Andy together in some strange kind of double-person name?

Thanks.
                Andyw (lower-case "w") was banned after a few months. His famous last post and ban caused much amusement

If you look through his posts, you can get some idea of why he's become a byword for obnoxious stupidity. Also, you'll see that he never posted after about four in the afternoon, which led to the theory that he was a schoolkid (his posting career was entirely during the summer holidays) who got thrown off the computer when his mother came home from work.

I'm not sure how the tradition of including him as the last option in polls came about, though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Andyw (lower-case "w") was banned after a few months. His famous last post and ban caused much amusement

If you look through his posts, you can get some idea of why he's become a byword for obnoxious stupidity. Also, you'll see that he never posted after about four in the afternoon, which led to the theory that he was a schoolkid (his posting career was entirely during the summer holidays) who got thrown off the computer when his mother came home from work.

I'm not sure how the tradition of including him as the last option in polls came about, though
                  Alas your link for his posts is broken : I guess searchid 655316 is a session id?

I can't believe NickFitz is fallible!!!!! My dreams are shattered!!!!!

<sobs>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Alas your link for his posts is broken : I guess searchid 655316 is a session id?

I can't believe NickFitz is fallible!!!!! My dreams are shattered!!!!!

<sobs>
                    Ah, I'd forgotten about the ridiculous way vBulletin deals with searches - you have to follow the link from his member page

Comment

Working...
                    X