• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fancy a laugh?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fancy a laugh?

Brown's last budget speech in 2007

He was still declaring "no more boom and bust". Just reading his numbers makes you realise how deluded he was.
    Originally posted by Gordon Brown, March 2007
    We are on track in the new cycle to meeting the golden rule, with figures from 2007-08 of minus £4 billion, plus £3 billion, plus £6 billion, plus £9 billion and plus £13 billion surpluses for the years to come. And we have also met our second fiscal rule—that debt should be at a sustainable level—enabling us over the cycle to borrow to meet the country's investment priorities.

And how's this for hubris?
    Originally posted by Gordon Brown, March 2007
    I am able to report a surplus of £11 billion, demonstrating that for the first time in four decades Britain has met the golden rule. This contrasts with the economic cycle from 1977 to 1986, when the first fiscal rule, under the previous Government, was not met with a surplus of £11 billion but missed with a deficit of £140 billion; and in the previous cycle, from 1986 to 1997, the golden rule was missed by the previous Government with a deficit of £240 billion.
    £140 billion over nine years? He's going to p*ss that up the wall in one!

I've always found Gordon Browns numbers good starting point for lottery perms.

Now it would appear that's what he was doing too!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

He was still declaring "no more boom and bust". Just reading his numbers makes you realise how deluded he was.

And how's this for hubris?£140 billion over nine years? He's going to p*ss that up the wall in one!

... and he will probably double that figure within only two years, and that excludes PFI and pensions commitments. It really does show the very sad state of finance that Labour have put us all in... and still they make no public spending cuts !!

Comment

Dont worry, Gordon is safe.

The nation have been fed a diet of Big Brother and Jeremy Kyle. So now they are too stupid to figure out whats going on.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

The nation have been fed a diet of Big Brother and Jeremy Kyle. So now they are too stupid to figure out whats going on.
          1957: "It's not good to owe money. If you want something, you save up for it."

2007: "I want that 52 inch TV now. And that new car. It's impossible for me to save up that much, so I'll borrow it."

Where did it all go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

Stupid people should not be allowed the vote.

Comment

I'd love to comment but I am not an expert on subject of economics, finance and business...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I'd love to comment but I am not an expert on subject of economics, finance and business...
                Thank f**k for that.

Comment

Working...
                X