• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron has a pop at Gordon Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron has a pop at Gordon Brown

Brown has brought Britain to the brink of bankruptcy
    Far from acknowledging its regulatory mistakes and correcting them – in particular the disastrous decision to strip the Bank of England of its vital role in calling time on debt levels in the economy – Labour is doing nothing to prevent an irresponsible lending boom happening all over again.

Allied to this irresponsibility is a giant confidence trick – that all of this is caused not by Gordon Brown but by someone else, somewhere else. No, Prime Minister: this is your crisis, caused by your Government's encouragement of irresponsible lending and the failure of your regulatory system. Your Government's borrowing has not only made things worse, it has left you virtually powerless to help.

Next year, Britain will borrow more than 8 per cent of its GDP – more than any other developed country, and more than Denis Healey was borrowing when he went cap in hand to the International Monetary Fund in 1976.
    Why would Cameron want to inherit such a mess? If I were posh and rich like him and Osborne I'd be tempted to say "you lot voted for these c***s, they're all yours", and retire to a tax haven.

bigger picture - that is why.

To get us out of this mess isnt difficult - but the adulation and ass kissing they will get will ensure they are in power for the next 3+ terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Why would Cameron want to inherit such a mess? If I were posh and rich like him and Osborne I'd be tempted to say "you lot voted for these c***s, they're all yours", and retire to a tax haven.

Because He is leader of a political party. Political parties have only one objective - Political Leadership of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Why would Cameron want to inherit such a mess?
        It's the best time for new Govt - expectations are low so whatever you do in there you are likely to look successful even if you were not.

Comment

Working...
        X