• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israel

How do you stop missiles and rockets getting fired into civilian population areas? Fire missiles and rockets into civilian population centers, kill 280 people.

Nice one Israel.

So what do you reckon they should do, nothing?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      So what do you reckon they should do, nothing?

Dropping hundreds of 1000kg bombs on a city is not going to fix anything.

Comment

The response was sufficiently targeted, there was no need to provoke them with daily rockets attack - any amount of sympathy I had for palestinians (at least those who support HAMAS) is disappearing by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          The response was sufficiently targeted, there was no need to provoke them with daily rockets attack - any amount of sympathy I had for palestinians (at least those who support HAMAS) is disappearing by the day.
          I would doubt 280 people have been killed by rockets coming from Gaza in 30 years, Israel can do that in 30 minutes as they proved this morning. Of course that is sufficiently targeted.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Of course that is sufficiently targeted.
            Well, they seem to have gotten a number of HAMAS commanders and the buildings targeted appear to be strongly related to HAMAS.

If HAMAS renounced violence and tried to fight Israel with peaceful means (rather than suicide bombers killing civilians or rockets that they shoot) then I'd be on their side, however the way they behave and the restraint shown by Israel recently make me think that HAMAS had it coming really.

Frankly I think the most suprising part here is the restraint that Israel demonstrates - it can literally wipe out every house there, yet it does not do it - would have HAMAS behaved the same way if it could do that to Israel?

I blame religion for all this - there won't be peace there until Palestinians decide to reject religion and focus on making heaven on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Well, they seem to have gotten a number of HAMAS commanders and the buildings targeted appear to be strongly related to HAMAS.

If HAMAS renounced violence and tried to fight Israel with peaceful means (rather than suicide bombers killing civilians or rockets that they shoot) then I'd be on their side, however the way they behave and the restraint shown by Israel recently make me think that HAMAS had it coming really.

Frankly I think the most suprising part here is the restraint that Israel demonstrates - it can literally wipe out every house there, yet it does not do it - would have HAMAS behaved the same way if it could do that to Israel?

I blame religion for all this - there won't be peace there until Palestinians decide to reject religion and focus on making heaven on Earth.
              Nice fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Nice fishing.

Maybe Sandy should be unbanned, I am sure she'd have an opinion on this one.

Comment

I stay in a very Jewish area, why don't I go round and brick all their windows, guilty by association?

Comment

Palestinians get what they ask for really.

Comment

Working...
                    X