• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...akes-hold.html

Britons should brace themselves for a Big Chill in the New Year with weathermen warning that temperatures could plunge as low as minus 13C.

New Year revellers will need to wrap up with overnight temperatures as low as minus 6C predicted for the coming week.

At least two weeks of widespread frosts are forecast as a cold front from Siberia takes hold.

Daytime temperatures will barely rise above zero in many areas, the Met Office says.

And it says there is a 'significant risk' of a 'very cold snap' towards the end of the next fortnight.

That would see sleet and snow in northern and eastern areas and temperatures as low as minus 13C overnight.

I blame the 4x4's!

UK has got climate that is much milder than it should be thanks to Gulf steam - if that goes due to global warming then UK will get a lot colder.

Comment

But how will this effect house prices?

Comment

it might cause house prices to freeze?

Comment

It's nothing but a cover story for when the National Grid collapses in a few weeks after so many years of 'investment' by the government.

They'll blame the bad weather for causing a demand spike that causes widespread failures. Yes, partly true, but not the truth, whatever that is nowadays.

The important thing is the sheeple won't know why, and telling them is now a terrorist offence, so the government will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
            it might cause house prices to freeze?
            IGYC...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Ensemble analysis (http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gens/gra...&ville=Londres

The ensembles show temperatures aloft NOT FAR from average for the next five days or so, although it's likely to remain on the cold side at the surface, a marked change to a colder, wetter type of weather is indicated, which could be prolonged.
              www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                UK has got climate that is much milder than it should be thanks to Gulf steam - if that goes due to global warming then UK will get a lot colder.
                There you have it. The icecaps have melted. The gulf stream has stopped. That's why it is cold, has been cold and will be cold. Warm=Cold.
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  There you have it. The icecaps have melted. The gulf stream has stopped. That's why it is cold, has been cold and will be cold. Warm=Cold.

If this is true, then the scenario the scientists concluded in a recentish documentary, that resembled the film The Day After Tomorrow coming to London, may be a possibility.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Britons should brace themselves for a Big Chill in the New Year
                    Don't know about that, but I'm already bracing myself for a Big Chilli I'm going to have tonight.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X