• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year's Eve Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's Eve Plans?

What are you planning to do?

Can't decide whether to go out on the lash or round to one or several private parties that I've being invited to.

Seems each year the town centres get quieter as people are fed up with the rip off taxi prices, so I suppose private parties are the in thing.

[poll is lost in the post, along with several of my DVDs by the looks of it ]
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

NYE is where Sunderland becomes THE place to live....

So many people live in the city centre that a lot of the town centre pubs are pretty much "locals" - we know about 7 of our close couple friends who are out this year so it should be a good'un.

As last year was spent in bed (and not in a good way) ANYTHING this year would be better!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Usually go into town for a meal, drinks then onto a club but agree the double fare taxis and general rip off is getting a bit much.

This year we're going to a party at a mates house instead and think this is probably the way forward.

I shall not be a contender for last post of 08!

Comment

We’re going to sit at home and watch TV, it just takes too much effort to arrange anything on NYE when you have a 1 year old to look after.

Bored of drinking anyway.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          Cobblers, Edinburgh is by far the best place to live at NYE
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            What, better than Swindon?

I DON'T THINK SO!

Comment

I shall be in bed at 10pm.

Comment

I'm having an 80s party. Fridge full of champers (I AM a contractor after all), 80s playlist and 80s fancy dress...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  What, better than Swindon?

I DON'T THINK SO!
                  Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  So you’d all agree that Barbados is actually a bit of a tuliphole?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Still waiting for our new baby

I could be changing nappies!
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X