• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst Christmas presents 2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Christmas presents 2008

I got this pile of poop - anyone want to buy it off me?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Deal-St...0565156&sr=1-1

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

Was that from your other half? Maybe it's a hint that you're not trying hard enough to be a millionaire.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

LOL is it that bad?

Apparently that book is rubbish in terms of the reality - in real he isnt meant to be the nicest of people

Comment

Must be lucky, only got good ones this year, including the socks and the boxers...

Just what I wanted

Best present?

A massive box of Maltesers, worth easily 2 weeks pocket money from my youngest
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Vouchers from Zavvi, Whittards and USC.

I didn't get any of them.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
            Apparently that book is rubbish in terms of the reality - in real he isnt meant to be the nicest of people
            Ex-recruitment bod... maybe that says it all?

My gran got me some white socks. Not entirely sure what I'm meant to do with them.

Yes, yes, I know "wear them", but seriously.... white socks??

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post

My gran got me some white socks. Not entirely sure what I'm meant to do with them.

Twenty years ago you would have got knocked back trying to get into any of the clubs in this fair city wearing white socks. Not sure if this is still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post

Play tennis, squash or go running.... generally stop being a fat b'stard.

Comment

I'm far from a literary aficionado, but this book in a similar vein is highly amusing. Not many get-rich-quick books start off by detailing a million and 1 reasons why you shouldn't get rich (divorce, envy, security, etc etc.)

Comment

It's taken me a while to calm down after receiving this present:

Matalan tie and cufflinks set, in a presentation box.

It is without doubt quite the most offensive tie I've ever seen.

Not even a tie clip with it.

Shall I save it and return it to that special person for next xmas, or get with the spirit and just give it to the charity shop now to inflict it on some poor unfortunate in Africa?

Comment

Working...
                    X