• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Officers to use mobile computers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers to use mobile computers

Police officers across the north-east of England will receive hand-held computers to use while out on patrol.

Dubbed as "bureaucracy busters", it is hoped the £30m government initiative will reduce red tape.

The new technology will enable officers to send and receive information when they are not in the police station, saving them 30 minutes per shift.

Northumbria, Durham, and Cleveland are among 25 forces across the country to succeed in their bid.

Policing Minister Vernon Coaker said: "The successes of mobile information devices show how our investment in new technology is making crime fighting more effective and saving officers' time."

Yeah Right...

Has anyone known any Government bring in any computer system on time, on budget and that ACTUALLY reduces bureaocracy?
    'elf and safety guru

Cutting red tape would have been to eliminate need for them to deal with this info in the first place, not give them computers to continue wasting work time while they are on the beat.

Comment

Watch out, one of my mates is door knocker for HMRC and he tells me they're getting some overpriced laptop/PDA type device so they can 'process' cases quickly.

Can't remember what its called, I think it begins with 'Q' ??
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Please let it be an Oracle back end...Please let it be an Oracle back end...Please let it be an Oracle back end...Please let it be an Oracle back end...Please let it be an Oracle back end...Please let it be an Oracle back end...Please let it be an Oracle back end...

etc
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Watch out, one of my mates is door knocker for HMRC and he tells me they're getting some overpriced laptop/PDA type device so they can 'process' cases quickly.

Can't remember what its called, I think it begins with 'Q' ??
          *Knock* *Knock*

<Holds up hand held....>

Them: We're here to get your confession.

Me Go see my PCG nominated accountants/lawyer combo - they're 60 miles away. Bye

<slam>

Yeah, this will make it really quick.

Comment

Can you get the internet on it?
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
            X