• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Bounce Back Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Bounce Back Boom

Lots of Bs there. Anyway - I noticed you can get a tracker again at boe base + 1.6 (3.6% & falling). Also noticed some nice little places on offer at auction - even an affordable maisonette in Islington!
    Now I've been bearish on UK PLC for some time - but could it be that the property market stabililsation is falling into place much earlier than (I) expected?
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    I noticed you can get a tracker again at boe base + 1.6 (3.6% & falling).
    Can you get 125% morgage? What's the deposits like? Do they lend more than 3-4 salary?

It's those things that made the bubble possible - the rates could be low but if nobody will lend you more than 75-80% of house price value (rest if your deposit) and 3-4 times salary, then it would require house prices to drop 50% from peak in order for people to be able to get morgages, nevermind rates that may go up big time due to inflation soon.

Comment

If I can switch to a long term fixed rate that is fixed under 5% I'll be a happy chappie Low variable is nice, but it will go up at some point, and I'm guessing these really low rates won't be around this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Lots of Bs there. Anyway - I noticed you can get a tracker again at boe base + 1.6 (3.6% & falling). Also noticed some nice little places on offer at auction - even an affordable maisonette in Islington!
        ?
        I've yet to see any nice little places in an auction.

Properties make it into auctions for a reason, IME

tim

Comment

Working...
        X