• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good online IT supplier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good online IT supplier

OK - I use ebuyer, and spend a few £1000 each month with them, but they are letting me down, faulty items, deliverys not turning up on time ect. so who do others use, there must be a better supplier.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

MicroDirect is where I gets me computer hardware stuff mostly.

Comment

"MicroDirect is where I gets me computer hardware stuff mostly."

Me also, and scan.co.uk. They sometimes have some pretty good offeres on their today only page.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

a few thousand each month?

Comment

Novatech aren't bad for more retail type stuff. I have used scan but have been slightly miffed by their service on occasion. Used to use dabs quite a lot but they're not always competitve on price.

My pc builds are all custom jobbies, more of a hobby than a serious part of my business so a lot of my components come from quietpc and overclockers, probably not the best of places for your volumes.

Comment

Aria

www.aria.co.uk - very helpful, good prices. Do Dell bits as well.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
              Novatech aren't bad for more retail type stuff. I have used scan but have been slightly miffed by their service on occasion. Used to use dabs quite a lot but they're not always competitve on price.

My pc builds are all custom jobbies, more of a hobby than a serious part of my business so a lot of my components come from quietpc and overclockers, probably not the best of places for your volumes.
              Ladymuck are you really a lady, or merely a lady in the "but we're laydies" sense. I've never known a real bird to build PC in their spare time. Or am I being a sexist tw@t? Answers please...

Comment

IT Suppliers

Hi,

I've found:

<http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/k.asp>

to be very good.

Cheers

Raoul

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Ladymuck are you really a lady, or merely a lady in the "but we're laydies" sense. I've never known a real bird to build PC in their spare time. Or am I being a sexist tw@t? Answers please...
                  Bless! Yes I am a real laydee! I get that quite a lot to be honest, it doesn't bother me, it's like a kind of low-grade notoriety! I build all my own kit, servers and everything. Haven't bought anything off the shelf for about 5 years or more.

Comment

Just placed order for 3 hard drives at MicroDirect -- price was good and Dabs did not have those I wanted in stock anyway -- they'd better be good!

Comment

Working...
                    X