• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are you living in the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you living in the UK?

I see a number of posts saying UK is a failed state and its end of the nation and its doomed and all and just generally not saying anything good or positive in general - in fact any chance to slate it and its happy days.

So question - Why dont these people go to another country than? Why are you still here? If you know so much about this economy and the fact its doomed go elsewhere?

I like the squirrels. Also winding up little englanders on internet forums is very amusing.

Comment

My kids are here.

Next!!
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        My kids are here.

Next!!
        take the blighters with you? simple surely?

Comment

Because I was born here and would rather live here than anywhere else.

And it's fun winding up childish uneducated morons who post pointless messages on Internet forums all day because they've nothing better to do.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

We British have a fundamental duty to whine when we are not happy. We are not all that likely to take to arms like the Greeks, or strike much en masse like the French, so we whine.

absolutely nothing wrong with justified whining, its a means of holding the establishment to account (in our own rather pathetic pacifist way).

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              take the blighters with you? simple surely?
              You're quite right. Although the ex-wife may disagree.

Just so you know, if I could I would. They are the only thing keeping me here...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                Because I was born here and would rather live here than anywhere else.

And it's fun winding up childish uneducated morons who post pointless messages on Internet forums all day because they've nothing better to do.
                Oh the irony in that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  I see a number of posts saying UK is a failed state and its end of the nation and its doomed and all and just generally not saying anything good or positive in general - in fact any chance to slate it and its happy days.

So question - Why dont these people go to another country than? Why are you still here? If you know so much about this economy and the fact its doomed go elsewhere?
                  I came here to shack up with my girlfriend. She needs (psychologically) to work and to be good at what she does. She doesn't feel able to do that in another country, much as she loves German and the German-speaking countries.

So I'm not being hypocritical: I really would still be living somewhere else if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    You're quite right. Although the ex-wife may disagree.

Just so you know, if I could I would. They are the only thing keeping me here...
                    hairy muff.

Comment

Working...
                    X