• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who said that hairdresser is a recession-proof job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said that hairdresser is a recession-proof job?

Somebody in here mentioned that hairdresser is a safe profession.

Well that doesn't appear to be really true.

http://milano.corriere.it/cronache/a...low_cost.shtml

Apologies that the link is in italian but it says that they just opened a hairdressing shop in Milan where chinese people make hair cuts for 8 euros and feet/hands for 3 euros.

No job is safe, we are all doomed.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Haircut is one of the first things that gets delayed during recession.

Comment

I've not paid for a haircut in at least 20 years. Do it myself with one of them machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
        I've not paid for a haircut in at least 20 years. Do it myself with one of them machines.
        Do daleks have hair?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
          Do daleks have hair?
          On on their head. Allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            ... but it says that they just opened a hairdressing shop in Milan where chinese people make hair cuts for 8 euros and feet/hands for 3 euros.

No job is safe, we are all doomed.
            Eight quid still seems pretty pricey for a haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Eight quid still seems pretty pricey for a haircut.
              lol where do you live? its about the going rate - £10 where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                Last time I went for a haircut (~a year ago) it cost me about £6 and took the barber 3 or four minutes, and I thought enough's enough and bought an electric hair cutter. Seems crazy to spend £10 on a job you can probably do better yourself for next to nothing and without all the faffing around queuing and getting to the barbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  I pay about £24. Are you contractors or bums?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I pay about £24. Are you contractors or bums?
                    Lol - I assume thats a cut and blow j_b? I mean blow dry? Does she wiggle her ass in your face with the top half of the g string showing for that much?

Comment

Working...
                    X