• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Years Honours - No Sir Eric again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years Honours - No Sir Eric again!

The New Years honours have been announced and I'm really annoyed that Eric Clapton has been overlooked again for a Knighthood. Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Tom Jones, Elton John all have Knighthoods and EC doesn't.

Yet he's done just as much for services to music as well as for services to drug and alcohol rehabilitation through his Crossroads charity.

It makes me quite angry. He should be given a Knighthood for both!
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Eric who?

Comment

linky
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

When you're God, do you care about knighthoods?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          When you're God, do you care about knighthoods?

Fair point! But I think Sir Slowhand has a nice ring to it.
          When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

One thing about these honours is that the recipient is asked if they would actually accept it if it was offered, before it's made public. Clapton may have been offered a knighthood and turned it down, and no one would know unless he made it public. Same applies to Jimmy Page, who has made a far contribution to British music than Clapton. Clapton did get an OBE, then promoted to CBE, so maybe he's not the sort to turn down honours. Page got an OBE for his charity work; nothing for his music.

Comment

I hear one chap in the Treasury turned down knighthood.

Comment

I hope david beckham never gets one - the useless good for nothing squeeky voiced twat.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  I hope david beckham never gets one - the useless good for nothing squeeky voiced twat.
                  If he helps us to get the World Cup, he'll get a peerage mate! Just like Seb. Coe. Lord Beckham of Leytonstone and his wife Lady Posh.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                    If he helps us to get the World Cup, he'll get a peerage mate! Just like Seb. Coe. Lord Beckham of Leytonstone and his wife Lady Posh.
                    there is no reason why he should be in the Squad come world cup! Not a chance in hell on skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X