• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heating

With the colder weather on its way, I was thinking that if we are going to waste electricity on heating our homes, why not use a dozen or so powerful PC's as heaters.

In this way they can all chug away 100% on curing cancer, finding aliens, getting a vaccine for smallpox, etc AND keep our house warm at no more cost than a storage heaters or any other electric heating.

I reckon 30 dual core PC's would keep my house warm and probably cure cancer by mid March.

What does our learned panel think?

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    With the colder weather on its way, I was thinking that if we are going to waste electricity on heating our homes, why not use a dozen or so powerful PC's as heaters.

In this way they can all chug away 100% on curing cancer, finding aliens, getting a vaccine for smallpox, etc AND keep our house warm at no more cost than a storage heaters or any other electric heating.

I reckon 30 dual core PC's would keep my house warm and probably cure cancer by mid March.

Well, I think you're a tosser. As for the rest of my disciples, they can make their own minds up.
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

I have several machines in my home, and I can confirm it does work.

Add in a log burning stove and I, as the older members of the congregations know, can grow orchids into flower even in the depths of a Danish winter.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
        Well, I think you're a tosser. As for the rest of my disciples, they can make their own minds up.
        I once received a Christmas card with "Jesus loves you" on the front. Inside it said "Everyone else thinks you're a ****". Which was nice.

So, Threaded confirms that if I fill my house up with about £25K worth of cutting edge processing power, I'll have a warm house and a cure for cancer. Or maybe I'll just get burgled...

Comment

my office is toasty warm with three servers and a client pc quietly doing their thang. gets a little too warm in the summer!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            I, as the older members of the congregations know, can grow orchids into flower even in the depths of a Danish winter.
            We were all under the impression that was due to the high quality of the bulltulip they are fed
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              I have several machines in my home, and I can confirm it does work...
              I've got six and it warms the room up nicely but the noise is pretty unbearable at times. And that's just the nagging...
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I find a tin of baked beans nicely warms the room.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

I reckon my 42" 300 Watt plasma screen will warm the place even better, assuming the shop can fix it.

They were throwing it out at work, because it wouldn't turn on, so I snaffled it with their blessing. The guy in the shop reckons he can fix it for a couple of hundred quid, although he says he's having trouble getting the parts.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yes but your plasma screen ain't gonna find any or discover a cure for cancer is it?

If everyone replaced their electric heating systems with we'd be

Comment

Working...
                    X