• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you spend your NYE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you spend your NYE?

Well with 2 young kids, no babysitter, and my other half in bed by 11pm.. I found myself building a second filing cabinet I got from IKEA and putting all my home/work documents into order.. 4 hours later it was all done!

Not exactly one to remember!!!
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

I was watching Saw.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Party at a friends house.

Plenty to eat and drink and discovered I'm not very good at singstar

Got home about 4am and am spending today mostly sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Party at a friends house.

Plenty to eat and drink and discovered I'm not very good at singstar

Got home about 4am and am spending today mostly sitting.
        You weren't round my house were you?

Comment

Watching the neighbours' fireworks. It's a new-build street and the first year here for all of us, and I get the feeling that upcoming years will be all about one-upmanship. I'm pretty sure the 'winner' last night must have forked out several hundred quid on fireworks
          Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Fireworks are the biggest waste of money ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
              Watching the neighbours' fireworks. It's a new-build street and the first year here for all of us, and I get the feeling that upcoming years will be all about one-upmanship. I'm pretty sure the 'winner' last night must have forked out several hundred quid on fireworks
              Well you know what to do at the next festivity (Shrove Tuesday isn't it?) - mortars, maroons and distress flares!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Well you know what to do at the next festivity (Shrove Tuesday isn't it?) - mortars, maroons and distress flares!
                Huge pancakes...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                  Huge pancakes...
                  In retrospect, surely it's diwali before then? It seems to occur about once per month and it'd be a shame to pack the Christmas decorations away when we could just turn them upside down and celebrate something else
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Watched 3 episodes of CSI:Miami, then put Jools on at 11:50 until beddy-byes at around 1'ish.

Had a lay-in yesterday, but because I was on J2O's and tea, no hangover. Nice.
                    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Working...
                    X