• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Economic strategy for the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic strategy for the UK

Don't touch Europe with a barge pole. A combination of an ageing population, excessive costs and large bureacracy means it has no long term future apart from in certain specialities.
    Everyone knows the real money and huge potential markets are in the East now - the current economic gyrations are merely the market pointing out the fact that the West is on its way to being bust if it carries on as is.
    Britain should use its past links with India and China (through connections with its large immigrant populations from both countries) to aggressively develop trade links with these 2 future superpowers - it should be the preferred supplier of choice for the stuff they can't do themselves
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Everyone knows the real money and huge potential markets are in the East now
    Indeed. Only mainland EU sells all sort of usefull machinery to the East, where as UK seems to sell stuff like football clubs - but it's okay chaps, the City will save us

Comment

Don't touch Europe with a barge pole. A combination of an ageing population, excessive costs and large bureacracy means it has no long term future apart from in certain specialities.
      I propose a "Logan's run" strategy, this will solve all problems.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Everyone knows the real money and huge potential markets are in the East now - the current economic gyrations are merely the market pointing out the fact that the West is on its way to being bust if it carries on as is.
        Britain should use its past links with India and China (through connections with its large immigrant populations from both countries) to aggressively develop trade links with these 2 future superpowers - it should be the preferred supplier of choice for the stuff they can't do themselves
        Like starting wars?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Like starting wars?
          They were good wars. You knew who the enemy were.

Comment

I think you have a rosy view of how the Indians see us. Why should they bother to trade with us, except to take over our remaining knowledge business, and get access to Europe?

As for the Chinese, "past links"? I'm sure they remember the Opium Wars with great affection

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              I'm sure they remember the Opium Wars with great affection

addiction

IGMC...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                I think you have a rosy view of how the Indians see us. Why should they bother to trade with us, except to take over our remaining knowledge business, and get access to Europe?

As for the Chinese, "past links"? I'm sure they remember the Opium Wars with great affection
                Business is business. When it suits both parties, they'll do it.

Comment

Working...
                X